Quarterly Market Review - Q2 2022
Welcome to RPAG Quarterly Market Review for Q2 2022 where we discuss U.S. equity markets, international equities, broad U.S fixed income market, and much more.
Ryan Hamilton, Senior Investment Advisor
- U.S. equity markets declined sharply in the second quarter, falling 16.7% (Russell 3000) on persistent inflation, rising interest rates and slowing global growth.
- International equities fell to a lesser extent, posting a 13.7% loss over the quarter (MSCI ACWI ex U.S.).
- The broad U.S. fixed income market provided little shelter from the storm, down 4.7% (Bloomberg Barclays Aggregate) as interest rates rose during the quarter.
- Despite cooling economic growth, the U.S. labor market remained tight during the quarter with unemployment at 3.6% in June.
- Large cap value stocks held up relatively better, with the Russell 1000 Value outperforming the Russell 1000 Growth by over 8 percentage points this quarter.
- The Federal Reserve raised interest rates 125 basis points during the quarter. Additionally, the Fed expects further rate hikes in 2022 to combat inflation.
Download a copy of this market review document by clicking here, or contact us at the below email address.
Looking for more information?
Contact the RPAG Support Team, email@example.com, to learn more about RPAG and get help with our Platform, or anything else!