Quarterly Market Review - Q1 2022
Welcome to RPAG Quarterly Market Review for Q1 2022 where we discuss U.S. equity markets, international equities, broad U.S fixed income market, and much more.
- U.S. equity markets had a volatile first quarter, briefly entering correction territory, before ending the quarter down 5.3% (Russell 3000).
- International equities experienced similar volatility led by geopolitical events, ending the quarter down 5.4% (MSCI ACWI ex U.S.).
- The broad U.S. fixed income market sold off, down 5.9% (Bloomberg Barclays Aggregate), as rates rose across the yield curve on high inflation and expectations of further Fed rate hikes.
- The U.S. labor market remained tight in the first quarter with unemployment dropping to 3.6% in March.
- The multi-quarter trend of large growth stocks outperforming large value stocks reversed in the first quarter, with the Russell 1000 Value outperforming the Russell 1000 Growth by 8.3%.
- In the first quarter, the Federal Reserve implemented a 0.25% rate hike. Further rates hikes are expected due to high inflation and tightening labor markets.
Download a copy of this market review document by clicking here, or contact us at the below email address.
Looking for more information?
Contact the RPAG Support Team, email@example.com, to learn more about RPAG and get help with our Platform, or anything else!